Saturday 17 October 2015

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Hellooo guys.
So.. I love to bake. Like, a lot. I'd say I try to bake at least once a week if I can and I'm always up for trying new things.
It's no secret that Autumn/Winter is my favourite time of year. I love everything about it, from the weather to the clothes to the food. Big emphasis on the food.
This year I've had a bit of an obsession with Starbucks' pumpkin spice latte and one day I thought 'this would be really good in cake form' (as you do) and so I set to work finding the perfect recipe- nailed it, by the way.
I found this recipe while browsing Pinterest although it's actually from Sally's Baking Addiction. I read the recipe and it sounded perfect and there's even a few different variations for the cakes, like cheesecake filling and streusel topping, but I opted for the cinnamon swirl frosting because I figured the more cinnamon the better, right? The recipe was dead easy to follow and requires ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard (with the exception of the pumpkin, probably).
I also managed to pick up the best Autumn leaf sprinkles and some nice cupcake cases from Homesense just to make them extra special.
The recipe calls for pumpkin puree, which is really easy to prep if you're unsure. Just simply peel and cut up the required amount of pumpkin, cover with water and bring to the boil, cooking for about 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Then just blend this up so it's nice and smooth, and let it cool (probably best to prepare a bit in advance).

If you've never tried pumpkin in cake before (which I hadn't) I'd definitely recommend trying these, the flavours scream Autumn and they're a perfect accompaniment to a good brew and your favourite Halloween film!
You can find the recipe here. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment